So many goals for 2019. I’m feeling like 2019 is my year to move forward in leaps and bounds. I’ve had quite a few years of struggle and slow moving progress, and today is the day that I’m ready to move forward.
Okay, so right to the point. I would like to see some real progress in the area of my physical health and wellness. I would like to be stronger, have more energy, and lose some weight. I know that I need to commit to consistent healthy living, something manageable that I know I can do each day. Here is what I’m planning to do.
- More veggies. Little processed foods.
- 2 meals, one green smoothie, and a couple low calorie snacks a day.
- Intermittent fasting. I love drinking a late afternoon smoothie and skipping dinner.
- One piece of chocolate a day, one dessert a week, one “free day” a month.
- Follow the one bite rule. I can have 1 bite of anything.
- Work out 1 hour a day, Sundays off.
- Plus yoga twice a week.
- Try a new exercise class each month.
Healthy Self Care
- One gallon of water a day.
- Make sleep a priority. 7-8 hours a night.
- Phone away in the late afternoon and evening (family time) and when I go to bed.
- Massage once a month.
- Monthly self care checklist. (Bloodwork, checkups, spa day, etc.)
Okay, there it is. I’m STARTING TODAY, January 11th 2019. I’m planning to do this consistently for a full year. I may adapt a bit for travel (which is always so tricky for me and a real source of weight gain) but I will have a plan that I will stick to while traveling. Something doable and fun, but something to keep up with all these good habits when far from home. I want to check back here a couple times a month to let you know how I’m doing. I’ll also be sharing on Instagram and in my Instagram stories.