Christmas this year at our home was magical and over too soon. “For Unto us a Child is Born.”
CHRISTMAS DAY HIGHLIGHTS
- Waking up to a clean house, dishes done, table set for breakfast. I went to bed after setting up all the gifts for Christmas, too tired to clean the house up. I woke up to it clean and tidy. Best Christmas gift ever from my favorite husband.
- Christmas breakfast with the family.
- Karter’s gift to me. A chicken pot pie that he had wrapped a couple days ago. It was smooshed and oozing. I laughed so hard I cried, everyone joined in, and a happy Karter kept asking why we were laughing, asking me if I didn’t like chicken pot pie. I assured him I did through fits of giggles.
- Jakob opening up his xbox. This chilled out boy of ours was so excited, jumping up and down, completely surprised.
- Putting together Beckett’s train set. Having all the kids play with it throughout the morning.
- Happy smiles throughout the day, everyone getting along and being kind to one another.
- Getting ready for church with all my new pretties.
- Sacrament meeting, the music and speakers were wonderful, feeling the spirit so strong. The story our Bishop shared.
- Skipping Christmas dinner because I was just too tired, Steve suggesting I do so.
- Watching It’s a wonderful Life together as a family.