Documenting our courtship and engagement is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I didn’t keep a journal when I met and dated Steve and I regret not recording our story. I also want to record his perspective on our story during this time. I was hoping to do this during this series but realize that it is not going to happen. I’m still wanting to focus on it in the near future and get our story written down. Here are some things I plan to do to get what we can remember (so sad for the things we can’t) out of our heads and recorded.
- Look up dates of events in our courtship.
- Talk to others that may help me remember things I have forgotten.
- I want it to be beautifully written. Well that is an overwhelming thought and feels like it will paralyze my efforts. My plan is to just write it down. I won’t try to have it make perfect sense, just get facts, feelings, and memories onto paper. Then I will try to make it beautiful.
- Get Steve to share. I was planning to do this on a weekend away together. We love to reminisce when we are away together and this would be a great time to record his memories.
- Gather any extra letters (I wrote a letter to my brother that was on a mission after Steve and my first week together, love what was recorded there) and photos to add to our story.
- Possibly do a little picture book for the kids to look at with a condensed version of our story. I love this idea and it has been floating around in my head for a few years now. I would love to make it a reality.
You can find the rest of the series here.