Lately I’ve been thinking of motivation and how it works. In my life I feel motivation come in waves. Sometimes it comes just for a few moments during the day and sometimes it comes and stays for quite awhile. I love when it comes, love the feeling I get when I’m so excited to do something and I push and push to get it done. I love the results that are sure to come.
I can feel another wave coming and I’m excited for it. I’ve wondered why I feel it now and what it is that motivates me. One thing that I’ve been feeling lately is a slowing down in my life, I have time to think and reflect again. Since June of this year life has been busy! Moving, remodeling our home, starting a new school year, settling into our new ward, many changes with the business, etc. have left me breathless. I have felt like I have worked all day long and I still have come up short. Finally, things are settling down, life is taking on a rhythm, and I can breathe. With this feeling comes motivation. So, why do you feel motivated??
- Motivation comes when life has slowed down after stressful times. (Like what I was describing above.)
- Motivation comes after vacations. Taking a step back, taking a break from our lives, and coming back and starting new motivates me to act. I love coming home after a trip and feeling the excitement of what I will do when I get there. Usually I start making lists of what I want to get done.
- Motivation comes after I’ve read something inpiring. Books, blogs, magazines, ect. gets me excited about my home, kids, life, etc.
- Motivation comes after setting goals with Steve. Talking with anyone about something gets me excited to do it, but I especially feel motivated when Steve and I talk about our future and what is to come.
- Motivation comes when life is slow enough for us to experience any of these situations. We have to have time to think and ponder. If we are so busy going from one thing to another we don’t have time to be motivated.So, what is the point of knowing what motivates me. If I know how it works, I can make it work for me! I’ve always thought that it just comes, these feelings of motivation, but as I have thought about it I realize that I have power to influence myself. If I want something, I can work to get myself motivated to do it, and with that excitement get it done! So, what am I going to do with the motivation I’m feeling now. I’m not sure!! I just feel excited to move forward with anything and everything that I have ever wanted to do in my life. First I need to focus in on our daily schedule and get ourselves moving forward in an organized system. Life has been so crazy for the last few years, so many changes. I’m hoping we are settling into our home and will be here for a long time. The business is moving along and we are feeling a rhythm with that. Now it is time to set some daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly habits/activities that we stick with and do!! We have tried in the past to incorporate things into our lives and have had trouble with being consistent. Well, I’m done with that. I’m ready to get a daily schedule that we can stick with. I realize flexibility has to be a huge part of that system. Flexibility plus a lot of trial and error, but the results will come. After we get on a schedule I want to move forward with a few other things.
- Getting our home in order. Organized, clean, remodeled, etc.
- Food storage. We need to set up a system where we can rotate our food. Something simple and easy.
- Exercise/Weight Loss
- Work/Education with kids
So, these are just a few things I want to do. With this new wave of motivation I’m hoping to have lots of posts on what is to come.